Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Noose by Valyssia

Fanfiction: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Found: http://archiveofourown.org/works/231514

This story includes Willow, Buffy, Xander, and Amy. It is entirely from Willow's point of view, though she has the ability to read minds (since when?).

First story I read in this series was great. This one? Well . . .. Willow has been captured by Amy and 'the General'. Is being tortured. She's floating around acting goofy and reading their minds. And by floating around, I mean - imagine if she was super drunk or drugged up and was floating in a haze - that's what I mean by floating. Though she did also literally turn into bees or something and start floating around like that.

I've a vague recollection that might match up to whatever it was going on in this story. But . . . it was a bloody annoying story. It was all angst 24/7 - mixed with a weird numbing agent. In a 'I'm a crappy person - they are cutting into my eye but I don't care - really, I'm a crappy person - oops now I'm screaming in pain from the cutting - crappy crappy person - wonder who that slayer is that is cutting me? I can read her mind and thoughts and she really hates me but I don't know her - Amy was better as a rat - float float float - now I'm bees' - story was about as coherent - less so - than that.

Shrugs. Apparently point of view form Willow's part isn't fun. And neither Willow nor Buffy were acting 'like themselves.

Rating: 2

September 11 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment