Saturday, September 2, 2017

Fowl Language: The Struggle Is Real by Brian Gordon

*I received this book from NetGalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing in return for a fair review.*

This is the second book in the series and second book I've read by this author.

Like the first book, this is a collection of funny little drawings with words on them focused on birds - humanized birds who are parents to baby ducks. Well, the ducks area also humanized. hmms. I probably could have worded that better. Right, so - a collection, as noted, of humorous comic strips about parenting.

There's an introduction - mentions some tips. Including:
If you forget to priortize care for yourself, it's gonna bite you in teh ass one way or another.

If your kid will tolerate it, swaddle the crap out of them. It totally helped my son calm down as a baby. I'd still do it, but he's in fourth grade now, and evidently that's frowned upon.

hehe - 'if all else fails, try the cathartic act of bitching about your children by drawing them as ducks'

To remind readers, and/or show new readers, what the comci is like, I insert a panel:

(if the insertion works - that's the latest panel on the website for Fowl Language.

hehe - non-parents 'T.G.I.F'. Parents - 'T.G.I.M.' (at least while school is in session) - and TGIF becomes OMGIF

Lots of funny comics here. I kept having burst of laughter explode out of me.

Last time I did a review for a book in this series it consisted mostly of me giggling. I'm not really sure what else to put here other than another review of me giggling. So: Imagine me - giggling.

Parent tells kid that he sounds like a broken record. Kid wants to know what a record is. Then what a CD is, etc. hehe. Parent starts mumbling.
Kid 1: I think he's buffering.
Kid 2: Try refreshing him.

Parent: here comes the plane!
Kid: I don't like the way planes taste, either.

Publication Date: October 10 2017

Rating: 4.56

September 2 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment