Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Mated to the Meerkat by Lia Silver

Mated to the Meerkat (Silver's Shifters)
My rating: 3.33 of 5 stars

This is a quick short story involving a man that likes to hump meerkats. heh, no, but that's what the cover looks like, right? A topless man standing next to a meerkat with the title 'mated to the meerkat'. Shesh - that cover is wrong on almost every level - it implies that the man humps animals, and that's not even what he looks like - he has blond hair in the story, and both chest hair and a 'treasure trail' or however that was worded. The meerkat is supposed to have redish-blonde fur with some black stripes mixed in - though I'm not sure if the meerkat on the cover doesn't actually have that so I can't say the meerkat is wrong. Not what I pictured, but can't say it's wrong.

No, this is actually about a paparazzi and a freelance reporter who keep popping up at the same locations. And the reporter is pissed off at the paparazzi constantly stalking her - and yes, the other main character is in fact female. A relatively large black woman (what, it's important to the story). Both always found the other attractive, but the woman found something about the man, Chance, to be off-putting, so it is only somewhat by accident that they get a freelance job together and are forced to spend time together. And no, the woman is not the meerkat - that's another thing wrong with the cover, it's the man who is a meerkat, or, I should say, a weremeerkat.

After I got over my disgust with paparazzi's, I found the story to be interesting enough to pass the time. There are weresnakes, weremeerkats, and werecats rolling over each other, political intrigue, and some sex mixed in there as well.

This is the second story I've read by this author, the other is a fanfiction under a different name. The author writes under at least three for pay author names, and at least one fanfiction name. I don't remember the third author name, though, unless I'm mistaken, the fanfiction name is Edonohana and I read a short story by them involving two lesbians rolling around humping each other that I gave a rating of something like 4.75 stars. Oh, what, there it is, the other author name is Rebecca Tregaron - the one she writes lesbian stories under. She uses Lia Silver for heterosexual romance fantasy stories, and Rachel Manija Brown for young adult fantasy stories.

Rating: 3.33

September 19 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment