Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Policies and Procedures for Being Emily Locke by Nerissa


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I rather liked the show, despite it's very short appearance on television, and rather liked Emily Locke. Sad to see both disappear from my life. (Referring to Powerless, not Supergirl - since Supergirl is still on the air)

The story is cute and funny. And rather good at capturing Emily's character. To a certain extent, goodish at capturing Kara. I suppose I'm used to Supergirl stories wherein there's a big deal about Supergirl actually going out with another woman, while this one . . ., well, before we got anywhere in the story, Kara had asked Emily out for a 'non interview' . . . um, thing. Evening? I forget now how it was worded. Mind, it could be Emily misreading things . . . but then Kara asked about the tabloids saying that Emily was dating Green Fury, and then being happy it was fiction. Because.

Okay, when I said that the story was 'cute and funny' - I really meant it. There were times I laughed openly and loudly.

Said while eating a meal at a restaurant after Kara appeared to have said something more than she had meant to say:
So Emily, determined to make it, if not less awkward for Kara, at least equally awkward for both of them, blurted out “I think you are unfairly beautiful and I’d really like to kiss you on the mouth.”


Oh, and the erotic parts were . . . funny and . . . erotic. *Noted with wide bright eyes* And, um, I now understand the attraction of love making with someone who can read your body through various super-powers. Is . . . good.

Hmm, action good too. *nods*

I love this short story more than life itself. Wait, no, that's stupid. Um, I really really like this story? Hmms. Well, something like that.

Rating: 5+

September 19 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment