Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Written on Skin (Sigil Fire, #2) by Erzabet Bishop

Written on Skin (Sigil Fire, #2)Written on Skin by Erzabet Bishop

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My, hmm, at least third story by this author, though I know I've read more (that's the problem if you search for an author in 'My Books', it only gives you the books that the author is primary listed author on).

Second in this specific series, though. If I had known this was only 22 pages, I'd have completed this series a longish while ago. Though I had only given the first in the series a rating of 3.25, so, no wonder I hadn't looked to see length of second in series.

hmm. Fetischising getting tats. Fetisch. fetish. Fetishizing getting tattooes.

A woman enters a tat place. Is almost instantly sneered at and told that 'Fae' can't help her, because she's booked until the place cloes. Gen, that woman who entered the place, says she wants to look at the pictures on the walls. Eventually Fae comes out, informs Gen that she can't be helped, then starts saying things that make getting a tattoo a sexual act. And Gen acts aroused.

And I, the reader, spent time at that exact moment attempting to remember how to spell fetishising. heh. Right, back to the story.

"You'll wear my art, but I will choose it." - says Fae to Gen. Um . . wha?

hmms. Then Fae gets Gen to strip completely. And I, the reader, am not sure if I should be reacting like a Vulcan, kind of sitting back with an arched eyebrow watching this weird act, or acting like . . . I don't know, a horny teenager? hmms.

Story continues. Aftermath of accepting tats that are more than ink on skin. Tats that have magic in it. And still 'burn' six months later. Oh. Vampires. Right. That's what that was about.

Gen has trouble with these changes - accepting them. They are overwhelming her. For the tats allow her to see what's really there - the creatures walking hidden to most others.

...
Quite interesting and strange story. Ended too soon. I want more.

Rating: 3.75

December 14 2016







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment