Friday, December 23, 2016

Leger's Game by Lacey Dearie

Leger's Game (Leger Cat Sleuth Mysteries, #23)Leger's Game by Lacey Dearie

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Leger's ill, the mice want to kill him, and someone has attacked Poppy (next door human neighbor). Oh, and Leger’s ‘human’ is off somewhere (I believe Greece) and he is being watched by Daniel and his family (brother of . . . drat, I don’t recall her name now – but the young woman who pops up a lot in the Leger series, though she’s now away at college).

There’s no real mystery for the cat to solve, since he know who did it, how, when, etc. etc. I suppose the mystery would be how to get the humans to do something about the crime. Though, as noted, Leger is ill. Too ill to do much. So others have to step up.

Neat to watch the other cats of Glasgow breaking down into four teams to try to figure things out and ‘set things right.’ Learning, along the way, just how much Leger does.

By the way, I’d make a joke about how even the cats of Glasgow have ‘bloody’ mysteries to inhabit – regarding what I’ve seen of human mysteries set in Glasgow, but I can’t really go there because it’s more of an impression. I haven’t really read much in the way of Scottish mysteries involving humans. Hmm, looked at my tag for Glasgow – apparently I’ve only read a ‘free online’ novel set there with human people involved in mysteries – lovely great book, but not a huge sample to draw on, eh? Heh. (ETA: Wait, no, the P Division books I’ve read are also set in Glasgow).

Rating: 4.68

December 27 2016



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment