Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Welcome to Your Afterlife by Stephanie Rabig

Welcome to Your AfterlifeWelcome to Your Afterlife by Stephanie Rabig

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Three reasons why I decided to do a reread of this short story: 1) I loved it the first time I read it but my reaction appears to be mostly unique among the readers of the story (who were at best ‘meh’ and at worst giving it half stars (as in only a half star) in rating; 2) I just read another short story which reminded me very much of this story and wanted to refresh this story in my mind (that would be Aidan Wayne’s ‘Making Love’; 3) it’s a short story of only 39 pages, it’s not like this would take me ages to read.

Hmm. Story opens with ‘It was hard to foretell death when everyone around whom you spent time was already dead.’ Oddly put, that. Past that first line, though, and I feel like I’ve come back to a restful comfortable place. The world of Renata – in an office, processing dead people.

Hey, I’d actually forgotten that Abigail was described as having tattoos and short hair with green tips. An oddball, to be sure. I like oddballs.

It is a rather short story, I realize. Maybe that’s what’s the hold up with others liking/not liking? No matter, I’ve read again – again loved the characters, place, and story. Again give 5 stars.

December 13 2016




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment