Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Copper Egg by Catherine Friend

The Copper EggThe Copper Egg by Catherine Friend

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


'Indiana Jones-esque'; 'archaeologist'; 'investigations in Peru'; - sounds exciting, I'm in. *reads book*

Well . . . a) melodramatic over the top . . . well, everyone. Villains/heroes/random person driving a cab; b) monologues out the door and forming an orderly queue so they can be said - or - every bloody person kept monologuing; c) way way too many flashbacks (not talking about the visions here). Did we really need all of those flashbacks? (this is how we first meet (okay, fine, that's good); this is how I meet this random dude (um . . . oookay? bored); this is how . . . . (arrgh).

There was a story. There was characters who were more than thin slices of pepperoni. But . . . to a certain extent, by the end of the book the only characters I still cared anything for were the two women back in the distant past of Peru (what was it, something like 1000 years or more ago?) - and those two were just 'seen' by the main character, they didn't get to be felt or be their own characters.

*shrugs* I'll read another book by this author - I do own two more books I picked up during that action/adventure sale. I'm just reluctant to dive into those other books now.

December 17 2016



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment