Friday, December 16, 2016

Shadow of the Knife by Jane Fletcher

Shadow of the Knife (Celaeno, #1)Shadow of the Knife by Jane Fletcher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a good introduction to this author and this series universe. Quite 'deep' and detailed universe. Solid characters. Good bit of action/mystery/etc. Someone looking for romance should look elsewhere, though there's a bit of that mixed in.

I was quite happy with the story, at least I was until I suddenly realized that I rather liked how everything turned out. Then realized there was somewhere between 30 to 40% more of the book to read. That's . . . almost never a good sign, heh. And yeah, things turned . . . well, turned. Things rapidly shifted into a new angle and a bit of torture and the like invaded the land.

Still, I enjoyed the book. Felt like a solid 4 star book up to that point, and was so after that bit of nastiness.

I already own the rest of the books in the series, and nothing I read will keep me from reading the next.

December 17 2016



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment