Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Catch Me by Lorelie Brown

Catch MeCatch Me by Lorelie Brown

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I've read two books by Brown before I read this one. I loved both of them. But have been very reluctant to try anything else by her for a rather simple reason - those two other books had something in common that the rest didn't have - those two books were FF romance books. The rest are/were MF romance books. Which is odd, in it's way, to be a deterant since I also read MF romance books. But still. Made me hesistant.

So, eventually, I finally broke down and tried one of them. The only one that interested me enough to try it. A western/historical novel. Set in the territory of Arizona, and the state of Texas. With a couple of minutes, so to speak, spent in New Mexico.

Because her father is deathly ill, is in an medical institution in Texas, and because 1) everything that could be turned into money has been turned into money - and hasn't been enough to pay the bills; 2) and because the local bank - which is owned and operated by her father's long time friend - turns down her request for help; a young woman of, if I recall correctly, 22 robs the local bank. And then zooms on over to Texas to turn the money over. To pay her father's bills.

Her father, who had been and still technically is, the sheriff of this small town is, naturally, not exactly pleased with her actions. But she had to do it. Because.

The mean old man who owns the bank, naturally, won't let her get away with this and so hires a bounty hunter. A very successful one. He's to hunt down, capture, and bring back this woman who has wronged him.

And so that man does. And he and the woman interact. And, for reasons that largely escape me, they engage in physical relations while she's a prisoner and being brought back to that small town.

The book had some interesting elements, and moments, but was rather too . . . melodramatic. And, sure did include much sexual relations in deed. A little too much. I was, frankly, bored during those moments, but don't assume they were poorly written (or written perfectly and with skill), for I mostly just skimmed those portions. Not really my kind of sex (less the MF nature of the thing, and more the kind presented as in - prisoner/captor + a bit of angry energy mixed in).

Well, I've now done it. Completed an MF book by that author who has given me two FF books that I've loved. I'm strongly inclined to now forgo the other MF books previously released and just take the FF (and potentially the MF) as they come down the pipeline.

That is all.

Rating: 2

December 14 2016



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment