Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Lipstick by Aimee Nichols

LipstickLipstick by Aimee Nichols

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Second story by this author read by me.

Ange is invited out to a hen night. Or to Ellen's hen night. Dinner and 'raging'. Hens. Fight club. What have I gotten myself into?

Apparently antisocial Ange, while feeling mildly 'enthusiastic', once the party date actually rolled around, decided to dress down. Which meant making sure she was wearing clean clothing. And wearing her 'signature lipstick, a bright scarlet red called Splendour.'

During the dinner portion of the evening, Ange meets a woman named 'Kate' who looks as out of place as Ange feels at the hen party. They strike up a conversation and stuff. Stuff includes a little rubbing of foot against legs under the dinner table. And might also include a bit of thrusting hands under other women's skirts (less horrifying that I just put it). All of this taking place in a fancy restaurant, mind.

Nice little 'romance'. Curious what something longer by this author might be like.

Oh, and, I'll just off-hand note - quite exciting this story was.

Right, that's enough of that.

Rating: 4.5*

December 14 2016

* high likelihood I'm overrating here, maybe, probably. Especially since it currently has an overall rating of 3.03 off of 120 ratings.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment