Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Psych: The Call of the Mild by William Rabkin

Psych: The Call of the MildPsych: The Call of the Mild by William Rabkin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Rereading books can be fun, for many reasons. Especially if you liked the book in the first or previous readings, and do not have instant recall of the entire book when you start a new rereading. On the other hand, I believe my lack of remembrance, for the most part lack of remembrance of the story-line here, is due less to the great number of years and books between first reading and this rereading, and more because the book itself is kind of . . . to put it bluntly . . . boring.

On the other hand – I believe I enjoyed the sub-plot involving Psych’s father and the ‘foot cop’ more this time than I did in the previous reading. On the other hand, I think I enjoyed the Gus and Shawn story, plot line, more in the first go around. A good deal of, maybe all of the humor that I know I noticed before (since I spotted a few times when I had previously laughed), just didn’t hit me as humorous this time. At least in regard to Shawn and Gus’s story.

Decent enough book. Seemed like an Episode of Psych. Just not an exciting episode of Psych.

Rating: 3

April 24 2018



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment