Sunday, December 24, 2017

Winter Calling by Lynn Galli

Winter CallingWinter Calling by Lynn Galli

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


As noted in one or 3 other reviews, due to week-long illness brain not functioning correctly at moment. But need something in box. Will be notes. Hope to add later stuff to here.

The book alternates between Tru and Renska. I am unsure if I'm spelling Renska's name correctly. Tru has a close sister that she spends a lot of time with, while Renska is more of a loner - who likes being a loner. Both meet through work - Tru is in the human resources department (not sure exact title, I'd initially thought she headed it but then the head turned up so . . . somewhere below HR head), while Renska is CFO - chief operating officer. Newly hired CFO. The company they work at is a somewhat struggling, financially (largely due to the incompentence of the two company founders still in control of the place) ski resort.

Over a period of time Tru and Renska develop a friendship/relationship/then become a couple. There are some rather neat scenes in this book. I especially like the interactions between the characters - Tru, Renska and Tru's sister. I'd provide more detail, like say the sister's name, but barely operating here.

While I enjoyed this book, and was excited when I saw it suddenly appear to be bought immediately by me, I also found the connection between myself as reader and the characters to be .. . fuzzy. Unfortuant brain nor working or I'd be less fuzzy about the fuzziness.

After a brief moment wherein I was asleep between the last paragraph and this one, I realize that I need to push save or lose what I've written so far.

Rating: darn, I didn't put this one on rating shelf - well, something around 4 something.

December 24 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment