Thursday, December 28, 2017

Saving Her Skin (Shifter Shield, #2.5) by Margo Bond Collins

Saving Her Skin (Shifter Shield, #2.5)Saving Her Skin by Margo Bond Collins

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The author has some quite interesting ideas – ideas I’d like to explore, examine, and roll around in. One problem, huge huge problem – the author also seems to like only dripping out tiny snippets of the story. Here, there, everywhere. When I ended this specific story I saw reference to two other stories – one in some collection. So I’m supposed to go find some collection somewhere and read one story in it just to learn more about this universe I’ve invested time in? mmphs.

I’ve no idea, now, why I had thought it, but I’d really thought that this was going to be a full length novel. I saw the release date. I saw the length of the story. Then I saw two things – the release date got pushed back, the length of the story got increased. But that’s okay, I can wait longer for more story. Then the next thing I knew, the page count had dropped to about a 1/3rd, and I can’t recall if the release date changed, was moved. So, a tiny morsel. Again. With more ‘learn more about these specific characters over here *points* in [insert story title] instead of here, because it’s a lot more fun to jump around and wiggle through hoops instead of reading everything in one place at once, yay!’ Pfft.

Course, to add to the annoyance, I don’t think those other two stories I was told to look for if I wanted to also learn more about these other characters actually exist. That sentence got away from me. I was directed to two other stories. I don’t think they actually exist. There’s about 800 trillion ‘things’ either with the author’s name on them, or including a story by the author, so I’ve no clue, maybe those two other stories do in fact exist somewhere.

I’ve enjoyed this series, for the most part (that sudden ‘attack of sexually graphic sex’ was alarming and unneeded), but it’s killing me. It’s a death by a thousand mini-cuts. Still kills, still annoys, looks stupid on a grave-stone and in bard stories (‘And she rested lightly onto a bed, not noticing the papers residing there, and was cut 1000 times by those papers and bleed to death’).

Right. So. This story told nothing really. Even more baby llamas were in the process of being born, even more people were attempting to kidnap them, even more political crap going on, even more douchbag werewolf action. The end. Oh, except for the ‘other worlds’ part. That’s new. Oh, right, sorry, I still keep reading lamia as llama as I read the story. No idea why. I really want to read about a werellama now though.

Rating: fuck if I know – 3.4

December 28 2017




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment