Monday, December 25, 2017

As Years Go By by Harper Bliss

As Years Go ByAs Years Go By by Harper Bliss

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


1) I don't like empty review boxes but,
2) I'm currently suffering from a less than optimal brain so this will probably just be incoherent thoughts that will hopefully be readable by me later to update this box thingie here.

I picked up a bunch of free Bliss awhile ago but didn't get around to reading most of them. Though I've read Bliss before.

This story involves two women in their mid to late forties - one is, based on quick calculations done when brain still worked - 47, other is 45. They meet at the 4... and brain died. They meet at the graduation from college of Troy, the lead character's son (I have strong recollection that this is a single point of view story). Though it's complicated because Troy also knows that other woman - as both ... this is where knowing their names would help. Why do I only remember the men's names? The ex-husband is named Gerald and is also at the graduation, and is Troy's father. Right, there we go, Jodie and Leigh.

Jodie and Leigh had had a relationship 11 years ago. A six year relationship. That ended, for many reasons I'm sure, but connected to the desire of one, Jodie, to have another child, and the desire of the other, Leigh, to not have another child enter the picture (Leigh and Jodie became a couple when Troy was 5 and Leigh left when Troy was 11, so Leigh was able to block her 'not want child' desires for six years).

It is unclear what either of their sexual orientations are, though it is mentioned that: Jodie has an ex-husband, and had three girlfriends between the time Leigh and her dated and Leigh's reappearance. Both are single at the start of this story though. It is unclear how many relationships Leigh had, though some indication that she was not celibate.

Jodie and Leigh missed each other. More than just because of their specific sexual dynamic, but there's that of importance - never did Jodie find anyone else to engage in activties that she engaged in with Leigh. Power-play, with spanking and some form of bondage.

This story is sexually explicit and does contain some of that more kinky stuff mentioned above.

I do not remember what initially rated story, though see it on 3.75 shelf. Assume that's somewhat accurate. Hope brain working better and can give more accurate rating later.

Rating: ~3.75

December 24 2017

eta: oh, one thought I had while reading hit me before I clicked save - there's a moment when a line like 'mid-life crisis' came up and it confused me as it was a present day comment. Made about a woman in her late forties. I do not remember what I was or wasn't going to say about that issue.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment