Thursday, December 28, 2017

How to Catch a Wild Viscount by Tessa Dare

How to Catch a Wild ViscountHow to Catch a Wild Viscount by Tessa Dare

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I disliked the vast majority of this book. Largely due to the angsty whimpery asshole main male character that the main female character 'loved'.

Right, so, two people met while young. They talked, rode horses, etc. etc., kissed. Then the man went off to war. While the woman waited for him. For four years. They meet again at a relative of the woman's house (some type of cousin) during some kind of group gathering.

The man alternates giving the silent treatment with being a condescending evil bastard. One of the good things about the book is that the woman doesn't swoon in joy at this treatment, nor find it in any way acceptable. She still finds herself attracted to him, ‘in love’ with him, but, bah, no one’s perfect.

I’m quite tired of reading books with moody moody evil bastards which might include a dose of misogynism as well in their personality. But, alas, that character seems popular in romance books.

Right, so, this is my third Dare book. I appear to be going rapidly backwards. 5 stars for the first book I read by Dare, then 3.88, and now a 2.50 rating for this book here. I’m also going the wrong direction, in a way, in that the first book I had read was Dare’s most recently published book, while this third book here is the first thing Dare published. I’m obviously not done with Dare yet, but I’ll need to be more careful about what I pick up to read. I’d say the next one I read would be the next published, but that seems to be coming out in August 2018, so maybe I’ll next read that second book in that 2nd series I’d started, the one I gave the first book a rating of 3.88.

I'd like to note again: I'm super tired of angsty he-man asshole male characters.

Rating: 2.50

December 27 2017




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment