Saturday, August 5, 2017

Liberation by Debra Dunbar

Liberation (Imp World, #13.6)Liberation by Debra Dunbar

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I read the prior Nyalla starring book and this short story here specifically because another side book, one that interested me more than either these two prior works, was said to also include Nyalla. And I figured I'd go ahead and read these prior works before I read that later book ('Far from Center').

This is a short story and tells of an event specifically mentioned in the Imp series book 'Exodus' when some elves, 42 in number, had been captured by other elves and Nyalla had gone and retrieved them. This is that story of Nyalla's actions.

It's an interesting enough story but it confused me in certain ways. The story read as if the author, who I assume is in fact the same as wrote all the other stories in this series, had never read 'Stolen Souls' (which is odd since the action in that book kept getting referenced in the Imp series). Why do I say that? Because Nyalla's personality seems to have been set back a little from how much it had grown in Stolen Souls. She'd accomplished much, but now she's back to being kind of wimpy and very reluctant, but determined, to do the right thing to save people. Quite confusing.

No matter. Story was interesting, as noted, but wasn't exactly much more than a few action scenes that were cut out of the 'Exodus' book starring Nyala.

Rating: 3.12

August 5 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment