Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The Traitor And the Chalice by Jane Fletcher

The Traitor And the Chalice (Lyremouth Chronicles, #2)The Traitor And the Chalice by Jane Fletcher

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


For whatever reason, I do not seem as interested in writing reviews for Fletcher books. Not sure why.

So, the story continues here in part two of the series and . . . I come immediately to why I didn’t write anything – the only real thing I wanted to say was something too spoilery to say so . . . (view spoiler)

Tevi and Jemeryl continue on their ‘quest’ to find this chalice thingie – separate but close. Portions of the book take place in a city that includes an encampment of . . um . . herbal sorceresses . . . I’ve forgotten now what their specific title is/was; in several locations outside the Protectorate, when they were chasing someone, then random running around that includes a spot of time inside mountains with small people.

By the way – that’s one of my main problems with the book – how they kept just almost catching the person they wanted to catch. But kept failing. Then capturing. Then losing. Then . . bloody hell. Gets tiring, it does.

But still, enjoyable enough book. And what I said in the spoiler above is why I haven’t gone on to the rest of the chronicles, despite already owning them. Seems pointless.

Rating: 3.75

January 24 2017




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment