Friday, January 13, 2017

Jane's World: Volume 1 by Paige Braddock

Jane's World: Volume 1Jane's World: Volume 1 by Paige Braddock

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Well . . . while I'm vaguely sad that we didn't spend more than 1 snapshot in 'superhero' world, I wasn't sad that I kept unexpectedly laughing. Is funny - this book.

The comic art kept going in and out though. In and out of focus? Something. In out of 'I doodled something' zone. As in, occasionally everything appears super well drawn and in focus, but most of the time things look like doodles. Out of focus doodles at that. The doodles I could live with. It was the out of focus part that was hard to take. Hurt my eyes it did - being out of focus. Blurry. I'd give an example but I don't know how.

hmm. Part of the problem with the doodles - there's a panel where Jane is at work. A co-worker is in the background. Coworker looks like a dinosaur. Is that person supposed to look like a dinosaur, and therefore be humorous, or . . . is it just a warped doodle? I don't know. :(

heh - I just keep turning the page and giggling insanely.
This won't make any sense but . . . quote from book:

Bobbie: 'You're talking to a concrete deer....'
Jane: And loving it! . . . Thanks.

A funny comic that ended a little abruptly.

Rating: 4.33

January 13 2017




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment