Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Professor Woos The Witch (Nocturne Falls #4) by Kristen Painter

The Professor Woos The Witch (Nocturne Falls #4)The Professor Woos The Witch by Kristen Painter

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


One of the disadvantages of a romance book is that it is a character driven genre (also one of the advantages), since you kind of need to like the main characters to be able to enjoy the book. And, quite frankly, for many reasons I did not like Cole. He came off as a judgmental, pushy, asshole too much of the time.

I realize there was magic in the air, so to speak (literal or otherwise) but his inability to take no, his pushiness towards Pandora was frankly creepy. Every once in a while he'd suddenly be all 'oh, I have a daughter, she's my number one priority, I must think of her first when thinking of romantic relationships' (the impact on her and the like) - most of the time, though, he wouldn't stop touching, kissing, and being too close to Pandora - regardless of whether his daughter was in the room or not. If he wasn't exactly Pandora's type, if she didn't lust over him - his actions would be highlighted even more obviously as creepy.

I mean, the guy literally kept just turning up on her porch - even when he knew she wanted space. 'It's not creepy at all that I'm just hanging out on your porch while you're not around.' And/or just turning up with food without first checking to see if turning up with food would be okay or creepy. Heck, that's even mentioned by him and others as one of the 'creepy' signs that his ex-wife was evil.

Right - didn't like Cole. Made reading the book super hard. The end.

Rating: 2.66

February 12 2018



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment