Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Tilt-A-Whirl by Eva Indigo

Tilt-A-WhirlTilt-A-Whirl by Eva Indigo

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was/is a hard book to stop reading (I do not mean that it is an easy read, I mean I found it difficult to stop reading). Only reason I didn't end up reading this in one gulp was tiny little minor things, like needing to go to work.

Like I noted in my review for the other book I read by this author (Laughing Down the Moon), this book was more of a slice of life 'dealing with things' than anything else (like, say, a romance). Though the main character did have a love interest to spend time with - and there were some borderline graphic sections - but the book is less about them than about Cassie's 'stuff to deal with plus some running scenes'.

Cassie is a professor at a university, has a long term girlfriend, a horrible mother, a less than great but not horrible father, an elderly cat (or an older cat), and the 'mother substitute' in the form of the nanny from Mexico. Oh, and - the mother sub is very ill, and Cassie may or may not be going insane - what with the very vivid visions she is having (starring, she thinks, herself in the future).

Not a book everyone would like, and didn't have the humor ' Laughing Down the Moon' had - though it did have emotions and stuff. Still, I liked the book.

Rating: 3.83

February 1 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment