Friday, February 17, 2017

Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan

Food: A Love StoryFood: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I’m not much of an audio book listener, but if there ever was a time to listen to one – it would be for a book written by an entertainer (especially if it’s a standup comedian). Though I mean specifically if that entertainer is also the narrator, I wasn’t trying to undercut the writing ability of entertainers, but to express the greater joy available by way of hearing them speak their own words.

I had the ebook and audio book (cheaper that way than to just get the audio book, well by about a dollar (($11.99 + $7.49) $19.48 vs. $20.95). I mention this less to note the price difference, than to note that there were a few occasions wherein I ‘had to’ actually read the ebook ‘for reasons’. Occasionally had to listen again to those same sections to get the audio book back to the correct position. And the audio book experience was much better – even in those occasions where I was relistening to things already read.

That was basically it. All I wanted to note. That the audio book version is the best way to consume this product. I mean, I could mention how I read the prior book, and seen this fella doing live stand-up, oh, and seen in television stuff; but that’s me not the book. So I won’t.

So: 1) try sample of both audio and ebook; 2) if decide to consume – go with the audio version; 3) it’s a good funny book.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment