Saturday, February 25, 2017

Jane's World Collection Volume 1 by Paige Braddock

Jane's World Collection Volume 1Jane's World Collection Volume 1 by Paige Braddock

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Just a couple of quick notes:
1) This is a collection that has the first three volumes previously released in the series - I had previously read and liked the first of these volumes.
2) Normally I would have likely read this all in one day but for the part where I had a physical copy of the book - and my eyes aren't the best for that type of reading any longer. So that's why I took most of February to read this book.
3) Jane continues on her weird and wacky journal down lives roads; that one novel I read in the series plus the first volume somewhat mislead me - I kind of had the impression that Jane either got into and out of relationships a lot; and/or she had some kind of on again off again thing going on with Dorothy, when really she spent most of the book on the edge of relationships. Wanting to ask that woman out; being friends, but not dating, that second woman; having various ex-girlfriends turn up, etc. etc. Oh, and that guy from Pearls Before Swine popped up as a reoccurring character (Jane decides to become a cartoonist, a friend new Stephan (whose name, for some reason, was 'Steven' in the book; the guy looked like Pastis and 'Pearls Before Swine', his comic series was mentioned so not sure what is up with using 'Steven').
4) Some family members, namely a sister and niece pop up.
5) This series has so many characters that some will pop up and I'll just barely remember that I'm supposed to know them; while others wander in and out of the story-line and when they aren't in it, I forget they exist.
6) This is a mix of people in here, femmes, butches, heterosexual men and women, bisexual women, lesbian women, and I believe one gay man (and one drag queen (though that was one brief scene)). Oh, and at least one of the very butch looking women are very much straight, so you can't go by looks (of course).
7) Funny book. Makes me want to go reread that one novel set in this universe. Though I'll probably read volume 4 of the comic first, since I already own it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment