Thursday, March 29, 2018

Elfin Magic by R.G. Emanuelle

After reading one of the free short stories by this author released by Dirt Road Books, I promptly read another.  By the same author I mean.  Even though I was somewhat disappointed in the first I’d read.

It’s March and I’m reading a Christmas story. Heh.

Right, so, another solo point of view story – from the point of view of an elf – or, at least, a woman who wears an elf costume at a department story during the holidays to work the register in the little hut that processes photos taken with Satan.  Yes, bring your kids to see Satan. Bah. I mean Santa, of course. Stupid fingers not type what I want (and yes, I’ve fought them to actually write all rest, they wanted to type ‘time’ instead of ‘type’ earlier, among other things . . . dangnabbit, stop removing my spaces, fingers!)

While her stomach rumbles (a reoccurring theme for this author? Hehe, I joke with myself, just noticing a reoccurring plot point in two stories read on same day), the woman plans to go on break. But wait! There’s a gorgeous woman who is next!  POV woman (and here remember people’s names would be nice, I think her ‘elf’ name was something like Jangles, and her human name was something like Maddy, but I might be wrong about both) and gorgeous woman (whose name escapes me completely) flirt.

Then, I think it’s the next day, that same woman returns.  Sans kid.  Asks if POV woman is about to have a break.

The two sneak into an out of the way area that consists of a den of bears.  Stuffed bears. Graphic depiction of sex may or may not occur, with some odd bell ringing, and almost constant mental reminders that they have a thin layer of bears (and. . . other stuff) between them and the public).

Despite not much happening in this story, it seemed a lot more complete than the other story I read by this author today. Much more satisfying; much less of a teaser.

Rating: 3.75

March 28 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment