Monday, October 2, 2017

Love Songs of John Philip Sousa by Jae

Title: Love Songs of John Philip Sousa
Author: Jae

Fanfiction: Gilmore Girls
Link: Archive of Our Own

Review:
I didn't expect to like this one as much as I did. No, wait, I mean, I kinda did since I loved another short story by this author (Jae from NJ, not Jae from Germany; well, actually I appear to love both authors but, bah), but I meant that I started this one and found it tougher to get into right away. Potentially that's because I had the sound of tv on in the background, maybe the story is just tough to get into *shrugs*.

Right, so, this story is set in the Gilmore Girls universe, but doesn't star either Rory or Lorelai. Instead it stars, from POV perspective, Lane Kim. I was curious, since Lane Kim seemed to be on the show throughout and was already friends with Rory when it started, if there was s story involving the two of them. Instead I found a story involving Lane and Paris. Somehow I can't seem to get away from stories involving Paris. heh. And yeah, she acted the same way in this story as in the prior one I read including her in it.

From the knowledge, limited but slowly expanding, I have about the show, I have some knowledge now of Paris. Lane has popped on and off, but I don't know her well enough to know if this version had any connection to the one on the show. Like, this one was all about being forced to go to a Christian college - that hasn't come up so far, strict mother, yes, Christian college? Can't say I noticed Christian stuff regarding Lane.

Right, so, quick story - Lane had stopped by Rory's house to slip a note under her door. She's confronted by Paris who threatened to mace her. One thing leads to another, and Lane allows access to the Gilmore house.

Much humor, like the other story I read by this specific author. Not as much as prior, but there. Good, interesting, neat story. Borderline erotic even. Borderline, not actual. I mean, when someone brushes at your hair gently, then slides their thumb against your skin, then kisses you? Well, borderline erotic. *nods*

Right. Quick short story. Enjoyable. Less so than previous story read ... I need a new way to reference whatever it is I'm referencing. mmphs.

Rating: 4.50

October 2 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment