Monday, October 16, 2017

Leger's Ghost by Lacey Dearie

It's Halloween time in Leger's part of Scotland. Leger's a happy, content, cat enjoying his time back in the families original home, enjoying the oddly quiet/peaceful moments of no crime. Until spotting a black cat in a shop window (and not his own reflection) jars him back to his own reality. For it is cold, it's Halloween time, people get extra freaked out about black cats around that time of year, and, before he can come himself down, he overhears two men discussing crimes to be committed.

I'd say that this is a fun, entertaining, fluffy-ish, humorous short story, except for the part where death does unfortunately appear in this story. But over-looking such things as, you know, death, the story was quite fun. And humorous.

Here I'd insert a quote, but I always seem to do so only to return and find that what I quoted, while still humorous to me, is much less so out of context. Bah, I include an example, hopefully it isn't too far from context to see the humor of the interactions between the cats Leger and Isabella.

‘I’m faking my own death.’

She continued to study him for a moment and then said, ‘The smell is a step too far.’

*rereads* Yep, better in context. drat. heh.

Well, I flee my inability to convey humor and depart with - this was an entertaining addition to the series.

Rating: 4.8

October 16 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment