Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Jane's World: Volume 4 by Paige Braddock

Jane's World: Volume 4Jane's World: Volume 4 by Paige Braddock

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Another solid volume in the series. Quite coherent and straight forward story-line.

Women continue to circle women. Men continue to circle women. Some of the women in both groups are the same women (some of the women keep bouncing between men and women though I'm not sure if they ever actually say that they are bisexual or anything like that).

And that guy, 'shallow breast man', makes an appearance again - that Pearls Before Swine comic guy. He continued to hit on everyone with breasts. Including one who is/was I think something like 13. Basically he continued looking super creepy.

As is somewhat expected in situations like this - the volume ended on a cliff-hanger.

One of the things I rather liked compared to earlier volumes is the part where the 'breaking the fourth wall' was cut way back. I think that aspect wasn't here at all in this volume. I am not sure if I've mentioned this specific aspect before - occasionally things will occur and Jane will make comments like 'I wish I could wear more clothing styles than this - but the artist is lazy' (not a direct quote, but something like that), or, occasionally, every woman would suddenly have massive breasts (I think expect for Jane) and the people in the comic would make comments (though most of the women seemed to not notice that their breasts had been enlarged) and Jane would make some comment about 'Hey! This is Jane's World! Stop that!' while some of the men would offer suggests like changing the comic's name to 'Hooterville' or something like that. Well - I don't think that happened this time - the breaking of the fourth wall. I'm uncertain because it is one of those things that would suddenly spring up in one comic panel, then be ignored elsewhere - and that Stephan Pastis guy was 'big' in that breast story-line (hence 'shallow breast guy'), and was in this volume as well.

Well, I've rambled enough. Not reviewed exactly, but rambled enough.

Rating: 4.35

March 16 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment