Monday, March 27, 2017

Departure from the Script by Jae

Departure from the Script (The Hollywood Series Book 1)Departure from the Script by Jae

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is the second time I've read this book. First time I read this book was Oct 2014 and I gave the book 5 stars. This time I gave it 5.5. There was just this slight something I can't pinpoint which kept me from allowing me to take the opportunity to nudge this up to my 'reread only' shelf (6 stars).

I really like both Amanda Clark and Michelle Osinski. Both make an appearance in the second book, but barely. Well, Michelle is there dropping off Amanda at an airport - looking like a man kissing his girlfriend to the straight Grace (a reoccurring theme - which is apparently based entirely on length of hair - since Amanda, at least, also had that thought, then when she looked closer she realized that Michelle actually had some rather feminine features, and curves. The short hair mislead her). Amanda is more in on the action in book two, but as a side character, seeing even less time than Jill (star of book three), though Jill isn't in book one (even though there's a later reference to Jill being an ex-of Amanda's).

I'd actually forgotten how graphic this book was/is. Especially as I had this vague recollection that Jae had slide the 'sexy stuff' into 'in-between' short stories. Which is both not accurate and accurate I now find out - at least based on this book and half of the second in the series (there the 'sexy time' is one of the characters reading some rather graphic fanfiction, but it is graphic).

Other than making reference to some common themes between this book (and book 2) with K.E. Lane's 'And Playing the Role of Herself', I do not really have much else to say. And I'll not make the comparison/connection because having actresses who happen to appear on a cop show, and having actresses reacting to lesbian fanfiction aren't really massive huge links.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment