Monday, September 12, 2016

Trial by Fire by Sabine C. Bauer


Trial by Fire
by Sabine C. Bauer
Pages: 237
Date: June 1 2004
Publisher: Fandemonium Books
Series: Stargate SG-1 (1st in series)

Review
Rating: 3.25 out of 5
Read: September 11 to 12 2016

I only put something here so I do not leave this box empty.

I found the 'guest character' as annoying as everyone said she'd be. And I went in knowing she's a really really horrible person. I didn't know she'd be near 80, but still. Horrible person.

The various scenes of archaeological like work were interesting, albeit brief. Seeing a 'living breathing' off shoot of Phoenicia was also neat. All but T'ealic (heh, I don't think that's his name), spent a little too much time beating themselves up in their heads - and I think the only reason T didn't is because we were almost never in his head (and the few times we were, did have T, once or twice, recalling back to a horrible situation with a woman, so maybe I should remove that 'all but' part).

The General seemed spot on. Carter seemed off for whatever reason. Daniel and the Colonel had, separately, just come from some life altering events, so while they didn't seem spot on to their show characters, there were 'reasons' why that might be.

Story was readable. A few 'dumb' things occurred here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment