Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Love's Autograph by Michele M. Reynolds


Love's Autograph
by Michele M. Reynolds
Pages: 325
Date: April 5 2014
Publisher: Self
Series: None

Review
Rating: 4.75
Read: September 21 2016

I rather enjoyed this one, surprised me how much I did. Though for a while there I wanted to reach into the book and squeeze Ria's neck a little, you know, just a little.

Maggie - the kid, Ellie - the rockstar, and Ria - the annoyingly heartbreaking-esque mother of Maggie, were all lovely characters. A few of the side characters were quite interesting as well.

There were one or 8 errors here and there. I do not normally notice or care, but there was at least once that I got briefly pulled out of the story because of it (it was a scene where one of the characters were talking, and they said something to the other - and the wrong name was used (their own) instead of the other person's name).

Wasn't an error, per se, but another tiny bit of annoyance was the text messages. In and of itself, they worked - it was just the part wherein I didn't always know which text were by which sender. Didn't help that that part was all in italics and, at times, 'mushed' together in a vaguely hard to read way.

Overall, though, an enjoyable and readable book.

One last thought - I just read a book that was about 259 pages (out of 264) eroticism, so the relatively low key graphic nature of this book was meet by me in a way that might not be similar to someone coming to this book without that filter . . um . . prior read . . something. Okay, my point is that some might, or might not, be annoyed by the relatively low key graphic nature of the book. I found it down right pleasant or something like that.

September 21 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment