Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Split City Waltz by Ada Redmond


Split City Waltz
by Ada Redmond
Pages: unknown
Date: September 21 2016
Publisher: Less Than Three Press
Series: None

Review
Rating: 5.0 out of 5.0
Read: August 8 to 9 2016

*I received this book from NetGalley and Less than Three Press in return for a fair review.*

This story here, my first one that I have read by this author, is a quite neat look at a futuristic London. It is a story involving three characters, the main one being the private investigator Allyn Morgan, a hacker who lives in the undercity (Terminal), and Allyn's former girlfriend (Danny (I'm fairly certain that I recall her name correctly)).

Danny stops by Allyn's place to ask for a favor - she wants some help investigating one of her coworkers for possible theft, so she hopes that Allyn can go to the undercity (the area of London where the old underground railway system existed before it was closed for the new above ground advanced solar powered tramway (well, I think it's solar powered, I just recall it being advanced and using clean energy)) and drop off something that will help someone she has hired down there to figure out if this theft is actually occurring.

Allyn, somewhat reluctantly, agrees. She's to drop off an item with a hacker named 'Terminal'.

This was a quite neat (I think I said that already) story all the way around, seeing an a future possible version of London, seeing a mystery unfold, interacting with Terminal, Allyn, and the like. Fun.

I hope that there are more stories set in this universe so that we could see more of Allyn and Terminal interacting.

August 9 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment