Thursday, August 11, 2016

Innocent Catch by Weebod


Innocent Catch
by Weebod
Pages: 316
Date: 2009
Publisher: Self
Series: None
Fanfiction: Xena uber
URL: http://www.academyofbards.org/fanfic/w/weebod_innocentcatch1.html

Review
Rating: 4.8 out of 5.0
Read: August 10 to 11 2016

Two things I was to mention immediately:

1) I do not understand why this hasn't been published - put out there for sale. a) It appears to be a well polished work, - though I am not always the best at spotting 'need for editing'; b) other than a little too many times the two main characters getting referred to by hair color or job title, there's nothing much that makes this appear to be 'unpublishable fanfiction'. It is true that one of the leads is a tall dark haired woman, and the other is a shorter blond haired woman, but they seemed very much their own characters - not reflections of any other characters out there.

2) I rather loved this book. I may have laughed once or twice. Got misty eyed once or twice. Damn good book - romance-wise and police wise (I'd say 'mystery wise' though I know some people might have certain issues - the only one I'll mention, feel free to mention, would be the part where the undercover agent fell for one of their 'targets' (more targets to get information rather than targets for arrest)).

Oh, and since I mentioned it in my status updates:
3) There is graphic sex in this book. Involving both men and women (one man and one woman together), and women and women (one woman and one woman; though there was another coupling that I forget if it got graphic or not). There may have been one or two of these graphic scenes involving women that I liked. I shall not speak more on this topic.

4) I'd rate this, if I could, something around 4.8... 4.80 stars (hesitated there if I wanted to give more than 4.8).

August 11 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment