Sunday, July 16, 2017

Midnight Couch by Jae

The Midnight CouchThe Midnight Couch by Jae

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A short story by Jae, one of my favorite authors. About Dr. Christine Graham, a psychologist, and host of a late-night radio show, and Paula, a technician at the radio station. Despite my arrangement there, this is from Paula's point of view, and her lust for the good doctor.

This is another of those stories I picked up free then took a long while to read. See, I did say that characteristic even occurred with authors I've read before's work. Not sure when I picked this work up, though it is possible I got it Feb. 2017.

Christine, it'd appear, is Scottish. Or, at least, she has a 'slight Scottish lilt'. She's also 5 feet tall, but I didn't mean to go into 'describe' mode. I just wanted to note the Scottish part.

Paula, as noted, lusts for Christine, but cannot get her mouth to form words that would convey her interest (like, say, asking her out), despite many many opportunities to do so. Including massive chances put forth by Christine to give Paula openings (course Christine could ask but . . .).

Cute story. Passed the time. Too bad it ended when it did and I have no more Paula and Christine to read (I assume, another short story I'd read by Jae turned out to be had later been expanded to book length, though I don't recall any books that involve these characters).

Rating: 3.8

July 16 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment