Friday, July 21, 2017

Falling into You by Ruby Grandin

Falling into YouFalling into You by Ruby Grandin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My second story by this author. Read entirely because it is super short and on Kindle Unlimited. Plus the first I read wasn't bad so . . ..

Synopsis: Astrid Jones (crazy blonde hair; skin the color of the underside of an orca, the kind of consumptive Victorian aesthetic look; in 'decent shape'; office admin) runs into the same woman a few times and thinks her unlucky life might be improving in the luck department. That other woman is named Molly Perkins (blue-haired, and blue-eyed; 5 foot 2 inches. cute pink sundress; yoga instructor).

Okay okay - Astrid is racing to get to her friend, Jon, so he can cry on her over the latest boyfriend to dump him. Not paying attention, she crashed into Molly. And then immediately continued on her way (well after aplogizing profusely and handing over a gift card, but before she could get a name, even as the woman appeared on the cusp of asking her out . . . it seemed to my eyes).

It's clear that this story was written by the same person who wrote the other story I read with this author by-line. I mention that so I can then say - this story seems to be about a 100 times more competently written. The dialogue doesn't seem stiff and flat, and is acutally quite funny. And yes, I did laugh while reading this here story.

Cute fun story.

Rating: 4.38

July 21 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment