Monday, July 31, 2017

Gloria's Inn by Robin Alexander

Gloria's Inn (Cat Island, #1)Gloria's Inn by Robin Alexander

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


There is a high likelihood, however it might break my own rules (Eta: That I don't judge an author, good or bad, based off of just one book), that if I had read this book first, I would never have read another book by Robin Alexander. Which would be very unfortunate as I've mostly loved everything by her (which is why I have that 'don't judge based on one book' rule). But this book? Good grief.

The only reason this book didn't [eta: initially] get a 1 star rating was the bits of humor scattered here or there that actually got me to laugh. From beginning to end this book frustrated me. Literally, if this hadn't been an Alexander book I wouldn't have been able to make it past that mess that was the opening of this book. Granted there was a patch there immediately thereafter that was fun and amusing but . . . gah. This book.

The women in this book acted like they were college freshman at spring break trying their damndest to get onto 'Girls Gone Wild'. Gah. The first batch of visitors literally sexually harassed the inn owners, Adrienne and Hayden. They both liked and disliked it, but they didn't want to piss off their guests so . . . gah. Second batch of visitors turned this into a weird stupid crime caper.

Despite what I said earlier, I'm seriously considering dropping this back to say, 1.5, just so I can click on 1 star on GoodReads. Have 0.5 for humor.

And to think this, and the two sequels I already own, are the last books currently in print by Alexander that I haven't yet read. I think I'm going to go be ill. There are actually 4 books, now that I look into it, that I haven't read by Alexander. Two I don't own, then the two sequels to this book, that I already own.

ETA: Noticing that I have already rated one of Alexander's other books 2 stars, gazing upon it, gazing upon this book, thinking about it hard, I will in fact lower this book to 1.55.

Rating: 1.66 1.55

July 31 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment