Wednesday, May 18, 2016


Heart Block
by Melissa Brayden
Pages: 264
Date: November 1 2012
Publisher: Bold Strokes Books
Series: None

Review
Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0
Read: May 16 to 18 2016

This is my sixth book by this author.

I liked most of the people involved, and the 'pivot points' (points of conflict) were handled well. Most importantly I liked both of the main characters, the little girl, and the dog too. Except for one specific moment, though, I felt kind of distant from everything that was occurring. Everything was a little too predictable. And quaint. And sweet. And the formula was again followed. I'm not going to mention what the formula is exactly, since doing so is, in a way, spoiler-y.

Well. Didn't have much to say about this one. It was there. I read it. Well, no, one last thing - every time when something did begin to annoy me, something would pop up to block the annoyance. Like - I spent a little too much time wondering about the woman from Mexico whose name was Sarah. Then learned she had 'whitened' her name to fit in.

May 18 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment