Wednesday, March 16, 2016

True Blue Colors by Kelli Jae Baeli


True Blue Colors
by Kelli Jae Baeli
Pages: 12
Date: December 20 2013
Publisher: Self
Series: None

Review
Rating: 3.0 out of 5.0
Read: March 16 2016
Always the best reason to read a story, eh? Because it's been on my possibilities list for a longish time, and I'm tired of it being there. Plus, it's only 12 pages in length. So . . I'm going to 'get rid of it' now. I go in knowing that this is just a snippet, a scene, a not-complete story. So maybe I'll get something out of it, eh?

This will be my 11th thing read by this author.

Well, story started off interesting - a woman, Veronica Polk, is floating in the ocean recalling how she ended up there (hmms, I've read at least one other book like that, I don't think it's going to be like Pincher Martin, though, since that one involved someone getting flashes of their life while dying/drowning out on the ocean . . . at least I hope it isn't like that).

She pushed herself upright in the water, kicking to stay afloat, and studied the shoreline. It appeared like the view of a photograph held in front of her face. Not exactly to scale. Who'd be fool enough to believe she could swim that far? (Kindle Locations 32-34).

Interesting little itty bitty tiny snippet of a story. A police officer goes undercover. Goes all out to try to do her duty. The end. hmms. Ah well, I knew it was just a snippet.

Oh, and by the way, there's no sex, no indication of gender orientation, no nothing like that. It matters, to the storyline, that the character is female, but otherwise she could have been an asexual blog of flesh for all it mattered to what occurred in the snippet.

March 16 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment