Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Wandering Traveler by Sam Ryan


The Wandering Traveler
by Sam Ryan
Pages: 288
Date: April 24 2015
Publisher: Author
Series: Dynasty Saga (2nd in series)

Review
Rating: 5.0 out of 5.0
Read: June 18 2015

I only really have two notes:
1) heh. Apparently my vague feeling in the first book re: arousal of main character was correct.
2) the fantasy element was a lot more notice-able in this book, though, except for certain scenes, still subtle.

and then:
I liked the book. I'd recommend it. I wish book three "The Gloriousness of Being Straight", or whatever the title was that I saw in the endnotes, was already available for me to immediately read. I'm actually sad about that. That it isn't available for me to immediately read.

oh and:
Since it was mentioned in the end-notes, I'm not exactly sure what was meant by the "180 change in the main character's personality". I mean, the story opens one and a half years after the first book. After much adventure. And travel. And stuff. Like rape. So, um, personality should, at the very least, alter a tiny bit, yes? Heck, just living as a 17 year old in the real world, and then suddenly living a year and a half in a world where 17 is not only an adult, but is three or four years older than most people are when they are considered to be adults in this other world would alter a person's personality. And that's without adding the experience gained from traveling around having adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment