Monday, June 29, 2015

Full Court Press by Lynn Galli


Full Court Press
by Lynn Galli
Pages: 272
Date: January 20 2010
Publisher: Penikila Press

Review
Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 stars
Read: June 29 2015

I rather liked this story. And I liked the interactions with most of the people involved. With one exception. I could have seriously lived without having to put up with Darby. And her relationship with the coach.

But, meh, it happened. Humans make mistakes, relationship-wise. Maybe it humanized the coach. Perhaps. And, while I would have much preferred to see the Kesara and Graysen relationship, preferred to see it instead of the Darby/Grayson one, I understand why things went the way they did.

Sports: I'm actually surprised that this is my first full-on sports + lesbian fiction book I've read. I've read books that had sports pop up, there's one or two characters who played pick-up softball games on the side, but this is the first sports/lesbian fusion I've read before. And again, I'm back to being surprised. It isn't because I didn't want to read this type of thing, it's because I can't seem to find much in this niche of a niche to read.

Basketball was never something I've paid attention to as an adult, but that didn't keep me from understanding and liking the sports action. I didn't pay attention, or don't pay attention because I was a part of an undefeated basketball team when I was a kid. And so . . . I did that and felt, well, I've accomplished that. No need to try to live through others in this sport. Heck, there's a million and one others to live vicariously through, so it's good to have one crossed off. *nods*

It was neat to see a female head coach tackling the concept of coaching a male college basketball team.

No comments:

Post a Comment