Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pariahs & Prodigals by Kelli Jae Baeli


Pariahs & Prodigals
by Kelli Jae Baeli
Pages: 291
Date: February 12 2015
Publisher: Lesbian Literati Press
Series: Rain Falls (3rd book)

Review
Rating: 2.0 out of 5.0
Read: June 16 to June 17 2015

hmms. This book was one person away from filling all of my LGBT tag. We have lesbian sex, gay sex, and bisexual sex pouring out of the book. Just no, as far as the reader knows, transgender sex. We even have sex between a man in a coma and a woman roughly the age of that man's mother.

I liked the first two books in this series. This one here feels like a let down, sadly. I liked following Tegan and India's story. This book here was more the story of Lincoln Fry, Kennedy Bell, Carla Bell, etc. etc. Everyone else, basically. The series moved from following the POV of Tegan and India to mostly following a bunch of other people. Including Napoleon Fry.

I did not wish to be in Leon Fry's head. Nor, for that matter, Lincoln's. Or anyone elses. Except for Tegan and India. I guess that is just what happens. Need something to write about, eh? mmphs.

I think my favorite character in the series had like 2% of the total work. Ok, maybe 20%. But still. I missed Tegan, I did. Ah well. I guess I should have paid closer attention to the fact that this series is called "Rain Falls" not "Tegan & India".

No comments:

Post a Comment