Thursday, January 21, 2016

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4: Last Days by G. Willow Wilson (Author), Adrian Alphona (Illustrator)


Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4: Last Days (Ms. Marvel (Marvel NOW!) #4)
by G. Willow Wilson (Goodreads Author), Adrian Alphona (Illustrator)
Pages: 120
Date: December 1 2015
Publisher: Marvel
Series: Ms. Marvel (4th in series)

Review
Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0
Read: January 21 2016

This is the last Marvel title I'm currently reading. It's not like I have a long history with reading Marvel or comics in general. Marvel is one of the last ones I tried though. All of this, I'm sure, is exciting to read.

So, 16 year old Ms. Marvel is depressed and, naturally, over eating hot dogs. On a pier in her home town of Jersey City. She's depressed because her boyfriend turned out to be evil. As in supervillain want-to-be evil. Suddenly hordes of people start screaming and running past. Something is going on in Manhattan. Ms. Marvel hurriedly investigates. Finds a planet hovering over Manhattan. Yes, a planet.

It's connected, somehow or another, to some story line I'm not paying any attention to. See, my mentioning of the fact that this is the last Marvel title I'm reading did have purpose. I'm completely out of it when it comes to what's going on in the Marvel universe.

Well it's . . . um . . . no idea. Only plays an indirect role in this story. Indirect in that it has a connection - everyone is running around afraid that the world is coming to an end, and/or zombies apocalypse is about to start. But what the planet is? What’s going on over in Manhattan? Not directly important to this story.

This story is about that evil ex-boyfriend taking the end of the world as an opportunity to try to get in good graces with his old boss. By kidnapping Ms. Marvel’s brother and spraying him with mist. And thereby unleashing his inner superpowers. Also the story is about coming to the realization that the world is coming to an end and this is the last chance for everyone to express themselves. And stuff.

Interesting enough storyline, I suppose. Every time I read one of these volumes I suspect I won’t continue, but do continue anyway. We’ll just have to see, won’t we, eh?

January 21 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment