Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Intermission by J.A. Armstrong



Intermission
by J.A. Armstrong
Pages: 97
Date: January 15 2016
Publisher: Self
Series: Off Screen (Sixth in series)

Review
Rating: 3.7 out of 5.0 stars
Read: January 26 2016

Most of this story I read it thinking that I'd probably give this closer to 3 stars than anything else. There were certain moments that annoyed me, a certain lack of communication (though I jumped the gun, somewhat, with my irritation there), a certain overly emotional set of circumstances, and then two sex scenes that I was rather not in the mood for.

Everything else, though, the family, the show, 'stuff', was good enough to pull everything together. To make this another good short work in the series. The sixth in this particular run. My, I believe, 13th tale that I've read by Armstrong.

I close with two thoughts - I notice this story is titled 'Intermission', and that implies certain things; while at the same time this story doesn't end with some comment about the story continuing next in 'insert title of story here' or any other indication of continuation. I know By Design has at least one more story, since that one ended with a 'continued in' comment, and think I saw the same at the end of the second story in Special Delivery, but this might be the closing chapter in Off Screen. Is sad, that.

January 26 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment