Thursday, June 7, 2018

Outside the Lines (Girls of Summer, #3) by Kate Christie

Outside the Lines (Girls of Summer, #3)Outside the Lines by Kate Christie

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I’ve very rarely read everything an author has written. Even when I love/favorite/whatever an author, there tends to be something I haven’t read (like, for example, I’ve read the most lesbian fiction books by Jae, yet there are still stuff I’ve not read by that author (rereading, that might be confusing. On the ‘Most Read Author’ list, Jae is on there at second place with 42 books read; actually, looking at the top ten, I haven’t read everything by any of those authors, heh.)).

Well, I’ve read everything by this author here. Not sure how that happened. Just did. 11 books read.

Well, I’m already on page 2 (I’m blind, I’m typing this in Microsoft Word with the font at size 28, so it’s page 2. Heh, mmphs), and have said nothing much. Mmphs.

This is the third book in an ongoing series about two soccer/football players. The series started as a young adult series, following two teenagers, but as the series advanced, so did the age of the main characters, and now both are closer to 27 than 17. As in, at least one mentioned turning 27.

The series has followed the two young women as they: 1) tried hard to make a living as professional soccer players; 2) make and stay on the National team; 3) date . . . others, though the reader ‘knew’ that the two mains were ‘fated’ to be together.

Well, this specific book has the two mains, Jamie Maxwell & Emma Blakeley, are finally a couple. A specific issue, though, test their relationship (well, in theory): distance and time together. Jamie plays for an English team & a USA team (I forget if she’s Portland or Seattle, but I believe she’s Portland as I recall Emma’s condo is in Seattle), while Emma plays for Seattle and the USA team. And, it appears, soccer is played 10 months out of the year (though that seems to be under-counting), so the two women rarely have much time together in the same city.

So – that’s the story. What, I haven’t said anything? Mmphs. You know, the part where two young women compete in sports, professionally, while attempting to have a relationship? Yeah, that’s the story here.

Enjoyable story. Fun. I look forward to book 4.

Rating: 4.75

June 7 2018




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment