Monday, June 4, 2018

Bound (Legacy #4) by Max Ellendale

Bound (Legacy #4)Bound by Max Ellendale

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Before May 23rd, I’d never read a book by this author, and now I’ve read five books. One of which, the first one, was lesbian fiction. The rest were part of a shifter fantasy series that included LGBT people, and a dynamic I do not think I’ve actually read before – a three person relationship involving two women and one man, with one of the two women being the ‘core member’ (since she’s the one the other woman, and the man, wish to be with, not with each other). A poly relationship. Though I do not think that specific word was used.

There was a good bunch of action, thrills, chills, etc. in this book. One specific problem, and I’m not really sure if the problem was one that developed because I read all four of these books too close together (not one after the other, but still in a short period of time), or if the dynamic that I noticed would have still been there regardless. The talking too much dynamic.

There was a ton of talking talking talking going on in this story. Heck, the lead character, Shawnee, is in the process of being kidnapped – and she’s talking her head off while walking along with her kidnapper; chattering as she is grappling with various people here or there in captivity, etc. etc. Both internal and external talking. I mean, the point of view character literally hears voices (has from first book), so it’s not like there wouldn’t be a lot of talking going on. It just . . . got very irritating to me as the book progressed. Just how much talking was going on. Mind – there were some great scenes here or there, actually the story line itself was pretty solid, it’s just was too filled with talking talking talking talking…

Well, I think that’s basically what I wanted to mention about this book. Solid enough storyline, marred by too much talking.

Rating: 3.50

June 4 2018




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment