Sunday, October 9, 2016

Rocked by the Band by Ruby Mars


Rocked by the Band
by Ruby Mars
Pages: 37
Date: April 19 2015
Publisher: Twisted Pair Publishing
Series: None

Review
Rating: 2.74
Read: October 9 2016

I got a recommendation for this short story and decided to give it a look-see (eventually decided). Haven't read the author before and I'm not really sure the book falls inside my wheel-house . . um, things I like to read.

As I can tell from the description and title - the book will involve a BBW - Big Beautiful Woman, and her sexual adventures with an entire band. A band called 'Lipstick Revolver'.

And so, away I go . . .. And immediately leap into something I dislike. heh. mmphs. So the story is entirely a flashback. Since it starts of with some much older woman finding a photograph of her naked on a bed. Um. Yay? Don't particularly like when things are 'defused' like that, but whatever.

Oh bloody hell. So her husband has a fantasy of watching his wife, the star of this book, with multiple men. Just what am I reading here? I expected a woman with a band. Not voyeurism and whatever 'husband watching wife fucking' is called. mmphs. This be a short story! Stop being in 'present' time! mmphs.

And so, the wife tells the story about her time with many men to her obviously excited husband . . . and as that idea is thrust into readers minds, we drift back to 1988 when these events occurred.

*drifts*

Young gorgeous slutty woman goes to Lipstick concert, drags along her fat friend. While at concert, gorgeous one keeps flashing her bare breasts at the stage. Eventually she gets the results she wanted, and the lead singer spots her. After the show gorgeous one gets a backstage pass. Fat one is told to hit the road. But gorgeous one notes she isn't going backstage without fat one. So, reluctantly, roadie gives fat one a pass. Fat one, recall, is the main character.

Roadie basically forces fat one to give him a blow job. To thank him. For letting her backstage. Um. Gross. Need more context to know if this is borderline rape or not. I'll side on 'not'. Though his forcing her to 'receive his semen' (instead allowing her to lift her head, like she tried to do) kind of pushes this closer to forced activity, you know, eh?

Second act was at least was more of Michelle's idea. Marginally. Well, second almost act that got interrupted. And all the acts with each band member was agreed to by all parties.

Eww - husband made his wife agree to fuck a tribute band. eww. While he watched.

Right, so that's over. I've no problem with the writing. The entire event being a flash-back was kind of annoying - especially as it wasn't Michelle thinking back on the night, but Michelle telling her really excited husband about the night. And then that part about the tribute band (which didn't occur in this story, just the promise to do it). The sex didn't do anything for me - I mean, the most 'exciting' part was when Michelle was able to see her gorgeous friend completely naked. But that wasn't actually 'exciting' so you can probably guess how excited I was for the rest of the action. Was a little to . . . mechanical I guess I could say.

Was okay story. Did nothing for me positively or negatively. I suppose the best part of the story is the part where now I can say I've read a 'groupie' story. Vague idea I've already done that, but whatever.

(Note: technically I should put this on a fmmmm shelf, not a fmmm shelf, but I do not wish to create a new shelf for this story. Plus, I think there were only three men involved at the most . . . hmm . . active point.)

October 9 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment