Friday, January 17, 2014

Hurricane Dan by Bret Williams


Hurricane Dan
by Bret Williams
Pages 199 pages
Date: September 15 2013
Publisher: Author

Review
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0
Read: January 17 2014

While reading I was thinking of what I'd say in a review.  I was thinking of noting that it was a solid little book, roughly 4 star work that didn't reach 5 star territory because I didn't really like the main character.   That was up to about 60% of the book read. Where upon the book almost fell apart.    Ah well.  Despite certain issues, mostly due to the action that started after they made it to the safe zone, including the sudden unexpected sex (and certain issues involving swords), it was still able to pull me along.  

If we could give 1/2 stars, I would quickly and with easy conscious give the book a rating of 3 1/2. Since I can't,  and because I was able to like despite main character,  I give it a rating of 4 stars. (2016 eta - hmms. I have it as 3.0 on GoodReads. The weirdness you see years after the fact.)

No comments:

Post a Comment