Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Asking For It: Erotic Tales of Female Submission for Couples


Asking For It: Erotic Tales of Female Submission for Couples
by Isabelle Ross, Marie Sudac, Erin Sanders, Skye Black, Heather Peltier, Sarah Sands, Amy Boyd, Elizabeth Colvin , Erica Dumas, N.T. Morley
Pages: 124
Date: October 10 2012
Publisher: Deception Press

Review
Rating: Overall rating of 2.0 out of 5 stars
Read: January 22 2014

Writing on phone so this will be slightly difficult.

10 stories.  10 authors. Plus N.T. Morley who is only editor this time.

Read 1 story in a different collection of stories. I believe I gave it 4 stars. Plus I'd read the first story previously as it is contained in its entirety in the sample. So not 100% sure about my ratings or feelings for those two but believe both were 4 star stories.  Then tonight I read another three roughly four star efforts.

Which leaves the other five. One by an author I had previously given a five star rating.  All five are nothing like I expected. I expected submissive women. I got five doormats and five ... ok, one story I just disliked. So 4 doormats and 4 sick abusive basterds.  Those five stories get zero stars.

Five stories rated 4 stars. Five rated zero stars. Gives overall rating of 2.  I was thinking I could say that this could be used to show difference between BDSM and abuse, but it doesn't really work out that way.  It's possible there was just one abusive bastard and I read the rest wrong.  Probably because there was so much rape play going on. And it is not always easy to tell the difference between rape play and rape until after the fact. I don't like either.

I obviously got confused about what the stories would be about.   I might have known a month or ago when I got the sample, read it and liked it but then didn't buy until today.  So the book might be perfect for select narrow target market.  They may even be up front about it. I can't check description while writing review on phone.   Whatever that target audience is, I don't fall into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment