Friday, November 17, 2017

Flight SQA016 by A.E. Radley

Flight SQA016 (The Flight, #1)Flight SQA016 by A.E. Radley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm probably following along way behind everyone else with this series, so I'll be brief. The fact that I wanted to wait until after I had completed the second book before writing a review for this book probably plays some part in my lack of desire to be extra wordy (you know, like several hundred sentences as long and wordy as this one here).

When I say that I'm probably long way behind everyone else, I'm not just blowing smoke. Something like 35 of the people I am friends with or follow on here have read this book, and roughly 415 others have also already read this book. Soooo....

The book opens with Emily White being driven, somewhat recklessly, towards the airport and the start of her new job by a man named Tom. First thought: crap, this is another 'not-a-lesbian' who opens the book with a boyfriend (or husband)? mmphs. But wait! Tom's the husband of Lucy and both of them are allowing Emily stay in their house (along with Henry, Emily's ~5 going on 6 year old son). That new job? I forget the exact word used, since it has kind of changed over the almost century of flight - wait, no, first commercial flight was in 1914, so century plus of flight. From stewardess to flight attendant to . . . um . . well, those two at least. Cabin attendant. Flight crew. Or I'll be as vague as the book description: Emily has just taken a job working the first class cabin. For reasons which may or may not be spoiler-y and therefore won't be mentioned, Emily makes the flight from New York to London and London to New York twice a week (as in 2 round-trip flights, though not back to back).

While working at this job, Emily meets the other main character of deep importance (I know the second book has many many point of views, but I forget if this one has more than just a few). That being Olivia Lewis (Olivia, I've recently learned, is a massively popular name in the English world - falling within the top 1 to 2 spots (everywhere being Canada (2), Australia (1), England (1), New Zealand (1), USA (2nd), Scotland (1) - except Ireland where Olivia is 14th on the popularity list, 5th in Northern Ireland). Olivia is the head of a financial services organization. She also has an undiagnosed condition that may or may not be aspergers.

Over a long period of time the two women form a friendship - though it is hard, sometimes, to tell if the relationship being watched by the reader is between Henry and Olivia or between Olivia and Emily (Emily, by the way, is also a super popular name world wide).

The story that unfolds is quite enjoyable to watch.

Rating: 4....something. Something around 4.5 stars.

November 17 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment