Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Into the Void (Star Trek: New Frontier, #2) by Peter David

Into the Void (Star Trek: New Frontier, #2)Into the Void by Peter David

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Second book in the series completed. Again not much happened. The crew were gathered. Bickering occurred. The ship was sent towards and then into the collapsing empire. More bickering. Some anti-asexual words were causally tossed about. Book again, like last, ends on cliffhanger.

I rather suspect that this was something like a 1000 page book (or 40 page less) that got split into four parts. At least I hope so, because it's kind of .... fractured as it is. Kind of 'nothing happening' vibe going on. Though if you put all the parts together - a full book is there. I assume/hope. Well, just two more books to read before I see if I'm correct or not.

Oh - my status update reminded me of an issue - I don't like anyone on this ship. I'm sure there might be possible exceptions. But can't think of anyone at the moment. They seem quite unprofessional.

I would not wish to work for anyone on this spaceship. They seem to almost all motivate their underlings through fear.

So that's what Star Fleet has fallen to - ruling by fear. I thought that was a Mirror Universe thing. What the bloody hell would be a mirror universe version of this spaceship? Everyone's nice and gives each other pretty flowers?

Rating: 3

May 16 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment