Saturday, May 13, 2017

House of Cards (Star Trek: New Frontier, #1) by Peter David

House of Cards (Star Trek: New Frontier, #1)House of Cards by Peter David

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is an interesting 'origin story' type of book for several of the crewmembers of the Star Trek spaceship. Little short stories about several, including the captain, science officer. Plus part of the story takes place on 'The Next Generation' version of the Enterprise, oh and Spock is around.

On the other hand - while there were some interesting stories here . . . there really wasn't much of a coherent whole novel here. Though I understand that this is a series and that this book here was 'setting up' everything else. At least I hope that was the reason for the somewhat less than coherent novel situation.

I've actually had the hardcopy version of the first four books since something like the late 1990s but never got around to trying the books. And no, I didn't get the first and read it - I'm actually reading that big huge 4 book hardback. Not sure I'll read all the books in there (since it is a physical copy book and it's harder for me to read those now), so I put my review here instead of on the 4 book copy I actually own.

May 13 2017



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment